Welcome to Make Money Blog!
In keeping with other blogs I host, this one is all about how to make money with a blog, hence the name! As it’s brand new, I don’t expect to attract a huge readership overnight. But I will be posting regularly and adding more to this site as I go, as it is destined to be much more than a simple blog.
I will be adding several sub-pages which will include an articles database and resource page to start with. Then who knows – pages can be anything you want them to be when you host your own blog!
So – as this is the first post, it should also be the first lesson on how to make money with your blog. And it is this:
Get yourself some professional webhosting, from an established and well recommended host, like the one this blog is hosted on – HostGator. It doesn’t cost much for the absolute ton of features you get with it – one of them being the ability to setup a WordPress blog, just like this one. The difference between one of these that you host yourself and a free WordPress (or any of the other excellent free blogging services) is that you call the shots!
1. You decide what content you put on your blog and what you leave off.
2. Your hosting company will be in their interests to make sure your service stays up – HostGator guarantees 99.9% uptime. Free blog hosts can’t match that and are liable to take the service down whenever it pleases them, not you.
3. You can add sub-pages to your blog and call them what you want and put on them what you want too. You can’t do that with free blog hosting.
4. You can upload big files to your server and lots of them if you want to sell your own electronic products like ebooks, photographs, posters and graphics, software, MP3 files – pretty much anything you want. With HostGator you get 1,000gb disk space (yes, you did read that right – one terrabyte, or one thousand gigabytes of disk space!) – try filling that up! You also get 1,000gb of bandwidth per month for all those lucrative downloads! Are you starting to like the idea of HostGator as opposed to your own host?
5. HostGator allow you to add as many domains as you can afford to buy and host them – in fact unlimited domains and subdomains. They also give you unlimited MySQL databases, which means you can set up as many WordPress blogs as you can afford to pat the army or writers you’ll need to fill them all with posts!
Is this a good first lesson on how to make money with you blog or what!
Most first posts on blogs simply say something like “Hello world- come back when I can think of something to write about…” – Ok, maybe not so many, but I like to have a little bit of humour in here too – blogging isn’t just about how to make money, you know!
That’s about all I have time for on this first, illuminating and highly interesting post on how to make money with your blog. If you liked it, please Digg it and/or tag it with Stumbleupon, Reddit, del.icio.us technorati of any of the social bookmarking services you subscribe to. Feel free to leave me a comment too if you like, I’ll reply to it as long as it’s not just spam (which I will just delete!).
Thanks for reading my ramblings – hope you got something from it.
See you again soon!